United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) has published 10 years outlook of Promotion and Implementation of Chemical Leasing (ChL) Business Models In Industry.
UNIDO definition of Chemical Leasing
- “Chemical Leasing is a service-oriented business model that shifts the focus from increasing sales volume of chemicals towards a value-added approach.
- The producer mainly sells the functions performed by the chemical and functional units are the main basis for payment.
- Within Chemical Leasing business models the responsibility of the producer and service provider is extended and may include management of the entire life cycle.
- Chemical Leasing strives for a win-win situation. It aims at increasing the efficient use of chemicals while reducing the risks of chemicals and protecting human health.
- It improves the economic and environmental performance of participating companies and enhances their access to new markets.
- Key elements of successful Chemical Leasing business models are proper benefit sharing, high quality standards and mutual trust between participating companies.”
The future 2015 – 2015 vision is even more ambitious!